Friday, March 5, 2010

Making my own wedding dress

So what happened is this. When I started digging my hands into the wedding planning in earnest I was looking at all these great blogs where brides had created all these personal touches. Being an artsy/craftsy person myself I felt like saving money and making it really personal and meaningful were two good reasons to craft things myself. So I decided to make my own wedding dress.

Most of the other craft projects have fallen by the wayside as I realized that I was turning the wedding into my own personal crafts fair and the only things left on the table were the invitations and the wedding dress.

Being a graphic designer by trade I am slightly less daunted by the invitations. But while I've sewed off and on for most of my life I've never really become expert at it and have definitely never made anything couture-level at all. So I'm terrified I'm going to screw it up but I'm also committed now.

I've already started the process and I feel the need to document it so this will be the first of a series of posts on how the dress is going.

No comments: