Tuesday, March 31, 2009

A NEW ERA

Since this is one pile might as well start mixing the pile. God knows I bounce from one thing to another often enough that if I were to update every time my interests shift this thing would be all over the map. So lets just focus on the two or three things percolating in my brain right now.

Shoe Design
I've been living with the dawning realization that where I am now is not where my passion lies. It's not really a good time to start a business (without health insurance or a safety net) so I'm going to be parallel-tracking for a while I think. I really would love to explore shoe design

I love shoes and have my own ideas about what I'd like to see. I've been researching what it would take and there are some things out there but they're scattered across the globe and since I have this pesky job I can't pursue these education opportunities willy-nilly. Luckily I might have an opportunity to design for an existing shoe business of an old family friend. We'll see how that pans out.

Textile design
This sort of goes hand in hand with the shoe design to some degree. It also links up with my interest in fashion and fabric and handbags. I love fabric patterns that do something unexpected--especially tweaking a classic into something a little edgier and more sophisticated. The idea right now is to take inspiration from nature and develop stand-alone motifs that can also be interpreted into edge-to-edge patterns for different applications.


Ok that's two things. Which really is enough to focus on right now. I'm still doing research and gathering inspiration and analyzing what really grabs me in terms of design so I'll be putting the slush pile up here to some degree. I'm going to start by posting all the resources for shoe design that I've found.

No comments: